Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Updates long overdue

I have been doing a few projects these months, I'll show you the results here in a BIG post.

I finally finished Nilaya, a kit by Dana. The pictures came out a bit blueish.
























I did some beading, from patterns from the internet and Etsy.



I've been to a Penny Thomson workshop this summer, three days at the home of Trees Beertema in Ursem. Lovely workshop, you really learn a lot from her!



And have done some tatting!
 This was a gift for my sister in law. I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, and she said oh, make me something nice.

This edging is from an old Burda. The handkerchief I made it on is a very old one, came from my grandmother. I made two of these, one I gave to my aunt.

I started the monster doily by Jan stawasz, making it from DMC 100. It is still going to be very big, and will be an ongoing project for some time yet.

For now, I have put that aside, and am tatting for christmas. I've tried making some covers for christmas balls, these are the test tatted ones. I think I will make them in white on red balls.

Renulek has some lovely patterns on her blog, I have made this little bell from one of them:

That's it for now, a quick update of what I have been doing.

Saturday, 16 May 2015

Way behind...

It has been so long since I wrote here. I have been doing plenty, but not blogging about it.
So this is catchup.
 
Tatting first.
I made this bag from a pattern in the magazine of the Frivolitékring. Lined it with pale green silk.
 
I had an old handkerchief, given to me by my aunt. made an edging along that, and gave it back.
 
I made a cradle for a little doll I have. added tatting to the cradle, as an accent, and to the sheet and pillow. with a knitted blanket, I think it looks good.
 
 
 
Jewelry
Made earrings to go with my necklace
 
and a bracelet
 
Dollhouse
I want to make a room, from the Golden Age, a la Vermeer. Found that Arjan Spinhoven has copied the cabinet in Rembrandt's house, and made it into a kit. I bought it at the Ulft show, had to have it. It is made from MDF, with some wood.
First thing to do was paint everything, so it would look like old mahogany.
My sons gave me a table and chair that will fit in the room, kits from Mcqueenies.
Together, it looks like this:
the hearth is also from Arjen Spinhoven, a MDF kit. I am working out how big I want the room to be, and how it should look.
 
Instead of finishing this first, I took out my kit from Dana, for Nilaya, and started on that.
 
 
 
Not finished yet.
Now to find the time to finish these projects!