Sunday, 9 November 2014

1:48 again!

I had promised myself not to buy any more 1:48, but couldn't resist when I saw this kit by Jane Harrop. It is a clog maker's shed. My grandfather used to make clogs when he was young.
Today I had a day to myself, and made it up.
What you get, is a whole load of little pieces.
Jane Harrop has good instructions, with a bit of patience I did get a nice result.
 
This is the shed finished. I found this not hard, it came together easily. I did not put on a thick layer of paint, more like a drybrush, it is a shed built of wood, and left as is. Dirty because of the weather was what I was aiming for.
Now for the things inside. That was fiddly, because of all the little pieces. I sanded a nice bit off of my nails, sanding those little clogs.
 
 
 
I love peering through the doors!
I have taken a picture of the things inside, with a euro, so you can see how big it is.
 
 
I really should take pictures in daylight, but couldn't wait.
 
I did do something else this weekend, Friday night I made myself a pair of Christmas earrings. They are made from a pattern, and idea, by Blue Buddha Boutique, they call them Holly earrings. chainmail. Theirs was made with aluminum scales, I made mine with polycarbonate scales. These are  a bit transparent. They look a lot better in my ears then they do in the picture!
I was finished in half an hour with these, I tried them at first with 4.2 mm rings, but that did not go well with the scales. I ended up using the 6.2 ones, which are advised by Blue Buddha. The smaller ones I had in green, the larger ones only in silver color.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Geweldig! Ik zou een goed paar klompen kunnen gebruiken om in de tuin te werken! Hier zijn ze tegenwoordig moeilijk te vinden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, those are the smallest shoes I've ever seen! You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shed is absolutely adorable. Great job..!

    ReplyDelete