Friday, 31 October 2014

Finishing off

Finishing off - that is my embroidery. I got a kit from Lorna Bateman some time ago, for a lovely flower garland, silk ribbon embroidery.
 
 
This is the finished embroidery. All that was left was to take it out of the hoop, and find a frame for it.
 
 
 
The frame had to be a deep one, to avoid crushing the dimensional effect from the ribbon. I found this frame, it is from Riverdale. And finally framed it.


I think it looks good!

Last night I started another Christmas ornament, this will be a bell when finished. Pattern is by Renulek.

4 comments:

  1. Lintjes borduren geeft een heel mooi effect. Schitterend, Winnie! Toch blij dat je weer frivolité doet! Je kan het zo goed; Ik denk nog steeds aan die sjaal van je!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben altijd wel met frivolité bezig, maar het lukt niet altijd wat ik wil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the shuttles. I have quite a few of those to. I'm sure sorry I got them before the guy retired..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say that I just love your embroidery to..! Just beautiful...

      Delete