Sunday, 11 August 2013

Holidays are over...

.. and the warm weather has cooled down. I did enjoy myself in the holidays, spent a lot of time reading.
what I did do, was make a bracelet with titanium rings. those are very stiff, and have a bit of a spring. Quite difficult to close. My hands really hurt after finishing this bracelet. I love the colors! I added glass rings in the color blue iris.
I have a buddleia in the garden, it was full in bloom about a week ago. There were so many butterflies on it, lovely!

I have started another chainmail project now, this will be a necklace. The pattern is from the book Chained by Rebeca Mojica. I spent quite some hours figuring out which rings to use. The book uses rings from Blue Buddha, a US based company. The sizes I can get here are different. But I figured it out finally, and have a start on it. It will have more then 650 rings in it when it is finished. The rings are aluminum. That will be a couple more evenings until it is finished.
Another problem is that I don't have enough of one size ring. Not that much of a problem, I order my rings online from Jacomaro, and they are quick! I will order more tomorrow, by the time I run out the new supply will be in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment