Sunday, 5 May 2013

Lacemaker finished!

This doll is an online workshop by Hazel Dowd. She was set up as a sewing woman, but I wanted to make her into a lacemaker. Putting the doll together, dressing and posing her was no problem, I finished that quickly. Only the wig - she has been lying arount a long time without hair. I was afraid of doing the wig, that it wouldn't come out. I decided I had to get it finished, and just started. I think it is not too bad for a first attempt all on my own!
I tatted a collar, and edgings for her clothes for her.
The pillow stand and pillow, with the lace on it, were a gift from Leo and Marjan Reijnders. The lace bobbins were made by Kristine Klingel.
I have a glass dome I wanted to put her under, but that didn't fit. So what now?
I had one of those Ikea boxes, and she just fit in there, in the corner. I finished the box as a room for her. Maybe I will do something to the walls, but I am leaving it as it is at the moment.

I made the cupboard, and a window for her to look out. The scene seen throught the window is from the Lace center in Brugge, we went there some time ago, and I took that picture then. The lacemaking equipment in the cupboard, the ball with candle, and the box with bobbins, pins, and thread reels are also made by Kristine Klingel.
All other stuff is from my dollhouse, from various makers. The baskets on the bottom shelf I made myself.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful,love both the doll and the scene .Well done Winnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice scene...and your beautiful lady looks happy to sit and work.

    Helma

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very nice. She is a pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful job! It looks lovely. I cannot believe doing all that tiny work...wow.

    ReplyDelete