Monday, 16 May 2011

Look at this!



I got a nice package last week, from Erin Hinton. Chris Hinton from the Shuttle Shop had turned a bit of my tatting into a shuttle. The pattern I made for it is by Anne Bruvold. I changed it around a bit, she had put 4 small rings in the center, I made those into one large ring.








Also in the package was a wooden shuttle, with a dragon on it. I couldn't resist that one when I saw it. the pattern on the shuttle is taken from the seahorse dragon.













And I did do some tatting this time, made a bookmark, from a pattern by Mary Konior.

My big project this time is making a fan. I started out with the fan pattern on Linda Davies's blog, but got myself into a mess with that one. My own fault, never put your tatting down in the middle of a ring!
I ditched that one, and just started with a nice edging I liked. That came from the book schiffchenspitze. The picture is not that great, but gives you an idea of what I am doing. I may join all the edgings, or just sew them onto a tule or something.






No comments:

Post a Comment